[open-science] Discussing the Vienna Principles

Peter Kraker opendiscovery at gmx.at
Fri Jun 17 17:38:57 UTC 2016

Dear all,

as you have probably seen, we published "The Vienna Principles: A Vision
for Scholarly Publication in the 21st Century" this week. The paper
outlines the cornerstones of an open scholarly communication (see
http://viennaprinciples.org/). I had originally posted to the
announcement this group, but it seems that my message never got through.

Anyway, our goal is to initiate a wide-spread debate about these
principles towards a shared vision for scholarly communication. To
facilitate the discussion, we have set up a version of the paper that
can be openly annotated with Hypothes.is. People have now started to
comment on the paper. It would be great to get your input and your
opinion too!

See http://viennaprinciples.org/v1/

Best,
Peter