[open-science] Publishing curated email lists

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 16:08:42 UTC 2016

I haven't been keeping my eyes very open, but I don't recall anything very
much recently. The problem with email - unlike twitter is that it probably
takes longer and it also may not be clear (a) at the start whether it will
be exciting and (b) when it has substantially ended. That's why analysis of
a workshop/meeting is easier.
If you go back in time then you risk being irrelevant, even if you aren't.
It may be interesting for historians of the subject or for collecting loose
threads an tying them up.

I really like the idea of structured commentaries but I suspect it's a
substantial commitment.

P.