[open-science] How to publish a law PhD thesis

Benedikt Fecher fecher at hiig.de
Thu Oct 13 14:36:09 UTC 2016

 Dear colleagues,

a colleague and friend of mine wants to publish his PhD thesis in law
online in an open format.

As typical in this field of research, the thesis consists only of text (no
figures or tables, etc.) with a lot of footnotes. In addition, lawyers
typically reference page numbers. Therefore, it would be helpful to have
those in the document.

Which format would you recommend? Is PDF really the way to go? A solution
that is as open as possible while still convenient is much appreciated.

In addition, does anyone have a suggestion for a platform?

Since I myself did not have a really statisfying answer, I thought I use
the wisdom of the crowd in this list.

Thank you very much and best regards
benedikt