[open-science] eLife, Coko, Hindawi Limited and Digirati commit to Libero for open-source publishing

Emily Packer e.packer at elifesciences.org
Thu Nov 22 10:57:39 UTC 2018

Hi Ingo,

Thanks very much for your message!

To answer your question, the code in the Libero repositories is in the
early days of re-architecting the existing platform. Once the fundamental
changes to the data models and APIs have been changed, we'll move over
functionality where we can from the previous version. We expect a minimum
viable product of the new evolution to be available in Q1 next year. We'll
post information and updates to our usual mailing lists, but the best place
to keep track is on the Slack channel.

Unfortunately, the community Slack channel cannot be opened up to any email
address, but we have made a sign-up link on the Libero homepage that anyone
can use, or you can use this link:
https://join.slack.com/t/libero-community/shared_invite/enQtNDc1MTUzMTM5MDQwLWE0YTZkYmVkMThhYWI1NTgzOWZkNjU2ZDgyNTRjZmJlZGRlOWFiYmNlZmE4MjZiMjRiNmM3ZDgzMmJjZjJhNjc
.

I hope this helps? Please let me know if you'd like any further information
at this stage.

Best wishes,

Emily

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 4:10 PM Ingo Keck <ingokeck at ingokeck.de> wrote:

> > On 21.11.2018, at 14:50, Emily Packer <e.packer at elifesciences.org>
> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Community-driven and open-source, Libero is a platform of services and
> applications that help content providers do more with everything they
> publish. The software presents content in a responsive online format that
> is easy to access and inviting to read on any device, and is
> straightforward to integrate with other services that enhance the reader’s
> interaction with published literature.
>
> That is very interesting indeed! Unfortunately many still believe that
> scientific publishing is focussed around the creation of PDF in A4 and
> letter format. The possibilities of the web and ebooks remain unused.
>
> Personally (speaking as publisher now), I would be more than ready to
> switch from OJS to something easier to use and handle.
>
> > Our partnership has been created to facilitate adoption of Libero as a
> platform by other organisations and expand a high-quality, open
> infrastructure as an alternative to proprietary systems.
> >
> > For further details, please see the full announcement at
> https://elifesciences.org/for-the-press/d8cccde3/elife-coko-hindawi-limited-and-digirati-commit-to-libero-for-open-source-publishing
> .
>
> I had a quick look at your github https://github.com/libero but was not
> able to find anything that looked like a platform ready to adopt or to try
> out. To be honest right now it looks more like a project in a very early
> phase to me, but maybe I just did not look in the right place. Maybe you
> can point me to where I can find the code or give more infos on the planned
> time line?
>
> Also the slack community channel is still restricted to people with email
> addresses from participating organisations it seems.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo.

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

--
eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit
non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with