[open-science] CfA – FIT4RRI Final Summit Travel Grants – Deadline 9 Feb 2020

Gottschling, Maxie gottschling at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Jan 28 13:24:33 UTC 2020

***Apologies for cross-posting***

Dear colleagues,
we are approaching the end of the FIT4RRI project < https://fit4rri.eu/> . A fitting way to celebrate the outcomes and share it with the rest of the world is the Final Summit < http://www.fit4rri.eu/rri4real/> , 19-20 March 2020, in Rome. In this way, we take stock of the lessons in the work packages and design steps for the future.

The FIT4RRI project would like to support early career researchers, Ph.D. candidates, Open Science and RRI trainers as well as Science Communication Writers/Journalists with 5-7 travel grants to attend our final summit. The aim of the grant programme is to reach multipliers of the overall scientific community and to maximize the outreach.

Applicants should have an idea how to communicate the theme of the summit “RRI for real: shaping the future of open Science & Society relations” into their communities. As this interactive event indicates what is needed for RRI to be real: fitting cultures and skills within organizations, institutional change between organizations and novel policies.
We will grant up to 750€ per person for travelling to and from the conference and accommodation costs during the event.

If you would like to apply for a travel grant, please submit a motivation letter of maximum 300 words by the 9 February 2020. Please state clearly how you can distribute or implement your knowledge from this conference in your institution, e.g. in your teaching.  Applicants should be based in one of the EU Member states or Associated countries (for reference please consult http://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/data/ref/h2020/grants_manual/hi/3cpart/h2020-hi-list-ac_en.pdf) .

We will carefully review all applications and inform the selected candidates shortly after.
Every selected person will need to make a contribution to and/or after the event, e.g.

  *   a blog post about one part of the conference/conference day/session
  *   tweets from the FIT4RRI account during the event
  *   a poster presentation of RRI/Open Science activities/trainings at your institution
  *   a presentation about the summit at your institution afterwards and a short report back to us.
In case you would like to apply, we look forward to your motivation letter about why you would like to participate and how you will continue Open Science training at your own institution afterwards.

Please send your application to
Helene Brinken (brinken at sub.uni-goettingen.de<mailto:brinken at sub.uni-goettingen.de>) or
Maxie Gottschling (gottschling at sub.uni-goettingen.de<mailto:gottschling at sub.uni-goettingen.de>)

We look forward to your applications!
Kind regards,
Helene Brinken & Maxie Gottschling

--
Maxie Gottschling

Stabsstelle Wissen als Gemeingut
Gruppe Software- und Serviceentwicklung
Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Niedersächsische Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek
D-37070 Göttingen

Platz der Göttinger Sieben 1 (Zentralbibliothek, Raum 2.39)
+49 551 39-22667 (Tel.)
+49 551 39-5222 (Fax)

gottschling at sub.uni-goettingen.de<mailto:gottschling at sub.uni-goettingen.de>
http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de<http://www.sub.uni-goettingen.de/>