[Open-transport] public transport open data and software in France

"GENDRE Pat - CETE Méditerr./DCEDI/DERIS/MIM" Pat.Gendre at developpement-durable.gouv.fr
Thu Jan 10 13:08:50 UTC 2013

Hello everybody
I am working for the French ministry of transport and recently
subscribed to the Open Transport (when I learnt that OKFN opened an
office in Paris).
You mentioned that you intend to include French data in your
http://opentripplanner.eu journey planner and that Rennes could be the
only city with GTFS data available.
It might be useful for you to know that we maintain a very crude list of
open data PT networks in France here :
http://www.chouette.mobi/spip.php?rubrique84
The ministry also maintains open source software available at
www.chouette.com and on github :
- a web server for validating, editing and exchanging public transport
data (called CHOUETTE) in conformance with the French standard profile
Neptune (similar to Transxchange) which can also make conversion to/from
GTFS and work currently on Netex
- a SIRI server (called IRYS)

Also, we maintain a directory of travel information services which is
open data and can be reused e.g. for info portals or and other applications.
It is described here (in French) :
http://www.cete-mediterranee.fr/tt13/www/article.php3?id_article=316&var_recherche=passim
We try on add open data sources here as well :
http://petitpois.passim.comarquage.fr/poi/search?ack=Open+data&k=Open+data&q=&w=&s=active
For the moment the "production" version is still a more limited version
http://www.passim.info but we intend to upgrade in 2013.

If interested please contact me or ask the support at the
www.chouette.mobi site. I travel to Paris from time to time and it will
be a pleasure to meet some of you at OKFN or elsewhere, if there is an
opportunity to do so.
Best regards,
Patrick GENDRE
CETE Med./DCEDI/DERIS/TIM