[Open-transport] Open Transport Data tools / webservices

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Jul 16 09:48:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

Not to offend anyone.

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Christophe Duquesne-Aurige wrote:

> It has GTFS, NEPTUNE and NeTEx import and export (the latest, NeTEx,  being
> the very new CEN standard for scheduled public transport data exchange), and
> was recently added a KML export ...

If you have ever seen an export made to NeTEx you directly understand the
tool just converts to a call based format a la GTFS - which is insane if
you have a Transmodel definition at your hands.

What I expect from tooling that converts is to increase entropy at a
conversion. Especially if the "latest NeTEx" is so rich in its vocabulary
you wonder why you praise it, when most of the people don't use it
beyond the GTFS simplistic use case.

Stefan