[Open-transport] Open Transport Data tools / webservices

Stefan Kaufmann transit at shutterworks.org
Wed Jul 17 11:18:14 UTC 2013

On 16.07.2013 11:07, Brian Ferris wrote:

> I agree that fares have historically been a weak spot for GTFS, but I've
> been working hard to improve the situation:

Thank you for that :) I myself have for now given up trying to model our
local system in GTFS.

> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gtfs-fare-wg
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mK3--o5g4-3cCXaqmch92U63JTwChh0L2VCmcDViIlM/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I know that you have already given some feedback on that process, but we
> are always looking for more feedback if others want to get involved.

Thanks, this appears to take into account Stops being part of two zones.
We have a honeycomb grid here, see
<http://ding.eu/fileadmin/content/downloads/DNG_Wabenplan_2012.pdf> –
some stops are part of two, three or four zones, some zones “tunnel”
through adjoining zones (e.g., 143 and 154, or 135 and 148).

I'm also glad to see you take students' tickets into account (which we
have: monthly tickets valid between the specified zones, and also valid
within the whole public transit area on weekdays after 2pm and all day
on weekends and school holidays) as well as group tickets (yep, got
those, too)

> And by current standards, I assume you mean NeTEx?  Or something else?

DIVA, which appears to be the de facto standard in southern Germany,
very loosely based on VDV-451 and -452 and a pain in the butt to
transform _completely_ into GTFS. stops, routes, trips and stop_times we
can do, the rest is tedious manual labor.

regards,
-stk