[Open-transport] Re: Examples of open data of freight transport?

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sat Jun 15 22:15:36 UTC 2013

On Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:49:26 PM CEST, Maurizio Napolitano wrote:
> I have some ideas, but i would like more present some best practices.
> In Italy there aren't laws about interoperability and open data
> in the topic of intermodal freight transport

Thanks for the fact Italy has to commit to INSPIRE legislation as well.

But one of the big things you have to counter is the fact that for example railway companies in Italy think; they can do "better", than we can with their schedules and realtime data.

They are still guarding their ivory tower, and that tower still needs "Princes Data" to be saved. I don't know if it is better to counter them with examples of open use, or enforce the publication legally.

Stefan