[Open-transport] Open Transport and OKCon

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 20 08:41:41 UTC 2013

On 19 June 2013 21:15, Peter Hicks <peter.hicks at poggs.co.uk> wrote:

> On 19/06/13 20:52, Hannes Gassert wrote:
>
>> I just realized that there's basically nothing from the core of this
>> group here in the schedule of http://okcon.org!
>>
>> There'll be the Geneva transportation agency who's going to launch a
>> realtime API (pssst..), the http://transport.opendata.ch folks are
>> hanging around (same people that are building Switzerland's federal data
>> portal), and there's http://www.citysdk.eu - but no clear date or place
>> were the open transport community could meet, exchange ideas and maybe
>> create a pull request or two.
>>
>> I think we should do a mini-unconference inside the conference ..
>> everybody comes together, we collect topics, split, coordinate, come back
>> together, voilà - for me personally there's a clear need for such a thing.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
> I like the idea... but attending the conference is €€€ this time and
> there's not a dedicated transport track to follow.

@Peter: just on this point, can I clarify - conference attendance costs are
*less* than last year - the base ticket is €75 (and travel London - Geneva
is, from what I can tell, cheaper than London - Helsinki :-) )

We'd really like to ensure folks aren't excluded because of cost issues
wherever possible ...

Rufus

I am in favour of having an Open Transport weekend somewhere in Europe
> separate from OKCon - maybe we can do a Saturday and Sunday similar to what
> we did at OKF last year...?
>

> Peter

*

Rufus Pollock

Founder and Co-Director | skype: rufuspollock |
@rufuspollock<https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>

Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | OKF on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/OKFNetwork>|