[Open-transport] Hafas Raw Data Format to GTFS conversion (Zürich)

Stefan Wehrmeyer stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org
Thu Jun 20 09:10:49 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

thanks for your hints and tips. A very basic version is done that generates valid GTFS for the one small dataset that I have (only the coordinate conversion from Gauß-Krüger needs some more tweaking). It doesn't generate valid GTFS for the other huge dataset I have.
There's lots more features in the data format and some should be ported over. Please open issues!

The KVB of Cologne contracted a tool that does this conversion, but it probably won't be free and Open Source and it will cost a lot of money (I heard a mid 5 digit sum).

> Out of curiosity, is this hafas raw data of CFF available as official
> opendata or is some CD or software dump?

I believe you can request data from the Swiss SBB and they have to give it to you by law, if I'm not completely mistaken.
I will talk to my contact there and try to figure some stuff out.

Cheers
Stefan