[Open-transport] Hafas Raw Data Format to GTFS conversion (Zürich)

Hannes Gassert hannes at gassert.ch
Thu Jun 20 10:39:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Stefan Wehrmeyer <
stefan.wehrmeyer at okfn.org> wrote:

> > Out of curiosity, is this hafas raw data of CFF available as official
> > opendata or is some CD or software dump?
>
> I believe you can request data from the Swiss SBB and they have to give it
> to you by law, if I'm not completely mistaken.
> I will talk to my contact there and try to figure some stuff out.

That would be super helpful for the community in Switzerland! I presented
to a hundred people at SBB and had several more meetings with executives,
but the answer was always that they can't give anybody data, not even if
they pay for it - apart from Google, who has a "special deal". That's why
on Github there are several scrapers for their website plus the solution
that repurposes the access key they ship with their iPhone app to query
their API.

So please absolutely keep us posted :)

Cheers,
Hannes