[Open-transport] first data from Open Delays (BE, IT, UK) + next steps

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Fri Nov 14 08:46:28 UTC 2014

Hi Raphael,

Cool work! Obviously.

What I would suggest is setting up a proper website which we can fork
using git and collaborate on the content (e.g., using github?). The
website can then give direct access to the CSV files and try to engage
people around the data. As an example: http://data.police.uk/ or
https://openspending.org/

What do you think?

Pieter

On 2014-11-14 01:02, Raphael du Cheyron Calvelli wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We are glad to announce that OpenDelays
> <http://wemove.center/joomla/index.php/blog/item/104-open-delays> is
> now running in 3 EU countries! We are here all impressed by what
> Samuel, with help of the community, has done in few days.
>
> Train delays in Italy, Belgium and the UK are now being gathered in
> our databases. See CSV samples: Belgium
> <https://nl.owncube.com/public.php?service=files&t=aaea2826cacf2fc64d1f1a1048e65090>,
> Italy
> <https://nl.owncube.com/public.php?service=files&t=a697fcc7cae45d2bbab5c17d1b77bd71>,
> UK
> <https://nl.owncube.com/public.php?service=files&t=8ebc160b578a00b04349d19e9ba133d7>
> + code on Source Forge <https://sourceforge.net/projects/opendelays/>.
> We would like also to show you some nice graphics, do you have any
> idea how to make MySQL-based graphics ?
>
> Now we want to use this to reach some stable and bigger aim : how to
> use all this to get progress in Open Data - technical, legal or
> political aspect ? And we would like also to make our system stronger,
> as it is yet still a bit new. Let's discuss this.
>
> All the best,
>
> --
> Raphael Calvelli
> We Move.center <http://wemove.center/joomla>