[Open-transport] Conferences on open transport?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Nov 3 11:40:29 UTC 2015

Pieter: note there is also the possibility of connecting this with
OKFestival in 2016 which will likely be in London or Berlin.

Rufus

On 2 November 2015 at 15:55, Pieter Colpaert <pieter.colpaert at okfn.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for the enthusiasm! I have prepared a working document with a
> draft of the plan to organise this workshop as part of SOTM2016:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/13pEmsMxTnBvyVg3Vg0gYxq9vy0ZG3ysrqJdc_eyz6Nk/edit#
>
> Reply to me in person if you'd be interested in co-organising this, or
> comment on the google drive document if you disagree with something. If
> not, you'll see the call for papers being sent out in January :)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Pieter
>

> On 02-11-15 13:51, Paul Kelly wrote:
>
>> On 11/02/2015 11:59 AM, Pieter Colpaert wrote:
>>

>>> I would love to organise a conference focused on public transit route
>>> planning as well, and invite both academics, industry and facilitators.
>>> The industry, in this case not being transit companies, but creators of
>>> route planners such as GoAbout, Bing, Here, Mapzen, PlannerStack,
>>> MapBox, Ally, CityMapper, Hacon, Amadeus, TransitApp, Captain Train,
>>> Loco2, kisio (CanalTP), etc. and facilitators being for example, OpenOV,
>>> iRail, TrafficLab, European Passenger Federation, Open Knowledge, etc.
>>>

>> I would be very interested in this if the subject matter also
>> incorporated fares (including the routes permitted for travelling on a
>> given fare, time and date restrictions etc.). Some of this information has
>> been open in Great Britain for a few years now (<
>> http://data.atoc.org/fares-data>), and just recently I discovered that
>> the Eurostar fares guide, containing quite a bit of detail (although not
>> live quota availability of course) is also open: <
>> http://www.eurostar4agents.com/files/fareguidenovember2015.pdf>.
>>
>> I think there could be some really interesting papers and discussions to
>> be had about how to combine fares data with the output of journey/route
>> planners. But I can't think of a good phrase (more general than "public
>> transit route planning") that covers all of this!
>>
>> Paul

> +32 486 74 71 22
>
> Board of directors
> Open Knowledge Belgium
> http://openknowledge.be
>
> International Open Transport community
> http://transport.okfn.org
>
> Belgian Open Transport community
> http://transport.openknowledge.be

*Rufus PollockFounder and President | +44 07795 176 976 | skype:
rufuspollock | @rufuspollock <https://twitter.com/rufuspollock>Open
Knowledge International <http://okfn.org/> - A world where knowledge
creates power for the many, not the few**http://okfn.org/
<http://okfn.org/> | @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN> | Open Knowledge on