[Open-transport] API for Deutsche Bahn Fernverkehr schedules

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Sun Feb 28 17:22:30 UTC 2016

I'm afraid I have to agree with Stefan here: this will even hurt the
international open transport scene as it sets a wrong example.

Message to DB: I'm available for hire through my university (Ghent
University/iMinds) as a research-consultant in publishing transport
data, Stefan is also available as a freelancer, and plenty of others on
this mailing list are as well. We would be more than glad to help you
out with our experience.

General idea for the open transport mailing list: should we create a
list of things we expect from open transport publishers? E.g., we can
all agree we want GTFS in the first place, in the second we want a good
GTFS (with optional files such as shapes.txt included), then we also
want a GTFS-RT. Anything else?

Kind regards,

Pieter