[wdmmg-dev] Update

Lucy Chambers lucy.chambers at okfn.org
Sun Jun 5 22:21:12 UTC 2011

Hi All,

A quick update on where Jose and I got to on Friday with the Mexican data:

1) CKAN storage was down on Friday, so we temporarily used Jose's
dropbox to upload the updated CSV. (Availability of CKAN storage needs
documenting)
2) Jose did a great job on producing the GDocs Metadata file. There
are a couple of things I wanted to clarify here - he was worried about
some of the translations for the description field into English. Can
these be for the time being in Spanish (as that is presumably more
desirable for his target audience) and then we can work on the
translation later?
3) The CSV was not accepted initially as the coding was not UTF-8
compliant. Jose has changed this for the time being to ASCII encoding
to get round the problem but we should document some guidlines on how
to ensure your document is correctly encoded.
4) The Mexican Mapping Metadata has been accepted by the system but
the screen does not direct to the next page - showing the data in our
system. Could we resolve this and then discuss what the next steps
should be?

Thanks all - speak tomorrow!

Lucy

--