[wdmmg-dev] Update

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jun 6 10:57:20 UTC 2011

Great. See http://ckan.net/storage/upload/

> 2) Jose did a great job on producing the GDocs Metadata file. There
> are a couple of things I wanted to clarify here - he was worried about
> some of the translations for the description field into English. Can
> these be for the time being in Spanish (as that is presumably more
> desirable for his target audience) and then we can work on the
> translation later?

Nothing needs to be in english here. It can all be in Spanish -- only
restriction is that OpenSpending field names must be *ascii* (so no
accents etc)

> 3) The CSV was not accepted initially as the coding was not UTF-8
> compliant. Jose has changed this for the time being to ASCII encoding
> to get round the problem but we should document some guidlines on how
> to ensure your document is correctly encoded.

Good point. Let's document this (the validator should also pick this up ...)

> 4) The Mexican Mapping Metadata has been accepted by the system but
> the screen does not direct to the next page - showing the data in our
> system. Could we resolve this and then discuss what the next steps
> should be?

@carsten: could you run a trial run from command line and see what happens?

Rufus