[wdmmg-dev] urgent (Re: [OpenSpending] #189: API call taking 20 minutes)

Martin Keegan martin at kulella.com
Thu Jun 16 06:57:22 UTC 2011

Ok, this issue turns out to be reasonably serious: with the addition of much
more data to the production site, computing aggregates (such as used when
scaling regional results by population) now takes unaccepably long, as a
range query must be performed across all the datasets in Mongo.

Friedrich and I looked at this last night. It may be possible to mitigate by
disabling some uses of aggregator.Results.divide_by_statistic

I'm sorry I don't yet have a better characterisation of the problem than
this(!)

Mk