[wdmmg-dev] New version of the explorer using bubbletree

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jun 22 09:36:34 UTC 2011

Moving on-list ...

On 22 June 2011 10:33, Gregor Aisch <gka at vis4.net> wrote:
> Hi Rufus,
>
> I'm absolutely fine with your refactoring suggestions. Will refactor the
> examples and throw out the unnecessary stuff once you're finished with the
> /lib/aggregator.js, ok?

I wanted *you* to factor stuff out into lib/aggregate.js since you
know where the code is in bubbletree that calls out to the aggregator
and then converts to tree format ...

> If you still want to have some of the configuration vars inside the hash url
> (eg the drilldown array), we could define a clear url specification that
> helps the explorer and the visualizations to correctly interpret the urls.
> For instance, we could define some kind of separator char like '~' that
> devides the hash url in two parts
> ...explorer/#/2009/cofog1/cofog2/~/grand-total/health/

seems good. I wonder if we could reuse some of the format from the
aggregate api.

> This way, both the explorer and the viz would still have the full
> flexibility on how to build and interpret their urls.

Agreed.

Rufus

--
Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation