[wdmmg-dev] Proposed model overhaul

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Oct 5 10:03:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Martin Keegan <martin.keegan at okfn.org> wrote:
> I'm guessing 1 table, "X_entry", for the entries, and one per
> taxonomy, which accounts for
>
> CREATE TABLE bund_entry
> CREATE TABLE "bund_funktionenplan-bund"
> CREATE TABLE "bund_gruppierungsplan-bund"

Correct.

> Do the other two:
>
> CREATE TABLE bund_bund

"bund" is the taxonomy name I've given to a custom taxonomy used only
in this dataset, maybe this is bad modelling and it should be
"institutional" or "bmf" or something else. Its a taxonomy, however.

> CREATE TABLE bund_entity
>
> come from taxonomies too? Is "X_entity" compulsory?

Not compulsory - it just happens when something does not have a
taxonomy set - such as existing entity definitions. If all your
compound dimensions had taxonomy names, this would not occur.

- Fr.