[wdmmg-dev] Proposed model overhaul

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Wed Oct 5 10:18:11 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Martin Keegan <martin.keegan at okfn.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Friedrich Lindenberg
> <friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>>> CREATE TABLE bund_entity
>>>
>>> come from taxonomies too? Is "X_entity" compulsory?
>>
>> Not compulsory - it just happens when something does not have a
>> taxonomy set - such as existing entity definitions. If all your
>> compound dimensions had taxonomy names, this would not occur.
>
> So, what will happen if I have a dataset which has columns which are
> obviously classifiers, but we don't know what taxonomy they're from,
> because it's a taxonomy only used in the City of Incognito, Alabama?
> They surely don't go in incognito_entity?

Doesn't that question lose importance with the dataset split anyway?
This week it may be incognito, next week we can make it fooscheme, its
just the linking to the Big Graph (TM) that will be hard? Also since
renaming a taxonomy is an admin action, I don't think ALTER RENAME
would kill us here?

- Friedrich