[openspending-dev] Balance Sheets - advice please!

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Thu Jan 26 06:16:04 UTC 2012

Hi Lucy and JeanBrice,

supporting balance sheet-style data is something we've wanted to do
for a long time [1] but have never gotten around to. While its
certainly possible to get the data loaded in a way which generates
tree maps or bubble charts of assets, liabilities and equity, the rest
of the system wouldn't necessarily make sense (like it is for budgets
now, just worse).

Looking at the tree though, I'm not entirely sure this is normal
balance sheet data - is there perhaps an English version or some data
to look at available?

Best regards,

 - Friedrich

[1] https://github.com/okfn/openspending/issues/157