[openspending-dev] Balance Sheets - advice please!

Mark Brough mark.brough at publishwhatyoufund.org
Thu Jan 26 10:32:09 UTC 2012

Looks to me like it's two tables of data side by side?

The Revenue (left) side has titles for each of the sections (anything where
"Imputation" is blank). Imputation means budget line.

The "Spending" (right) side looks like it is separated into capital and
recurrent spending on each row. You'd want to include the stuff lower down
on pensions, local government (presuming commune=local government) spending
and debt.

*BF* = *Budget* de fonctionnement. *BIP* = *Budget* d'Investissement Public

BF = current
BIP = capital

Would combining the two tables work in OpenSpending by turning the data
into something like:

>From | From_id | To | source | type | type_code | type_2 | type_2_code

IMPOTS SUR LES REVENUS DES PERSONNES PHYSIQUES | 721 | Government of
Cameroon | Revenue | RECETTES PROPRES | A | RECETTES FISCALES | i | 155900
Government of Cameroon | 1 | Society (Cameroon) | Spending | PRESIDENCE DE
LA REPUBPLIQUE | 1 | Current spending | BF | 40927

Would that work? Then the views would allow you to show Revenue and
Spending on separate tabs, broken down by `type` in each case.

Mark