[openspending-dev] Balance Sheets - advice please!

Martin Keegan martin.keegan at okfn.org
Thu Jan 26 10:56:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Mark Brough
<mark.brough at publishwhatyoufund.org> wrote:
> Looks to me like it's two tables of data side by side?

Yes. It's not a balance sheet.

> BF = Budget de fonctionnement. BIP = Budget d'Investissement Public
>
> BF = current
> BIP = capital

We have several datasets which break out CapEx vs current; we should
probably put this in its own dimension and have a mini-taxonomy for it

> Would that work? Then the views would allow you to show Revenue and Spending
> on separate tabs, broken down by `type` in each case.

That would probably work, but is a bit of a hack; the software ought
to know about revenue as well as spending.

Mk