[openspending-dev] Balance Sheets - advice please!

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Thu Jan 26 14:51:15 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Mark Brough
<mark.brough at publishwhatyoufund.org> wrote:
> Looks to me like it's two tables of data side by side?

That was my impression as well, but my french is disastrous.

> The Revenue (left) side has titles for each of the sections (anything where
> "Imputation" is blank). Imputation means budget line.
>
> The "Spending" (right) side looks like it is separated into capital and
> recurrent spending on each row. You'd want to include the stuff lower down
> on pensions, local government (presuming commune=local government) spending
> and debt.

This is nice for us, since we can aggregate both ways: sum up capital
and recurrent or by other breakdowns.

> BF = Budget de fonctionnement. BIP = Budget d'Investissement Public
>
> BF = current
> BIP = capital
>
> Would combining the two tables work in OpenSpending by turning the data into
> something like:
>
> From | From_id | To | source | type | type_code | type_2 | type_2_code
>
> IMPOTS SUR LES REVENUS DES PERSONNES PHYSIQUES | 721 | Government of
> Cameroon | Revenue | RECETTES PROPRES | A | RECETTES FISCALES | i | 155900
> Government of Cameroon | 1 | Society (Cameroon) | Spending | PRESIDENCE DE
> LA REPUBPLIQUE | 1 | Current spending | BF | 40927
>
> Would that work? Then the views would allow you to show Revenue and Spending
> on separate tabs, broken down by `type` in each case.

That sounds good, I've been using this with German budgets (Federal,
Berlin, Bremen) and the Budget of the European Union.

We'll just have to remember to reverse `to` and `from` if they are to be set :)

- Friedrich