[openspending-dev] adding foreign keys for imported datasets

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Tue Jan 31 14:54:38 UTC 2012

Hey Telmo!

welcome to the project! Thanks for the changeset, thats pretty cool.
I'm wondering if you could but it on a branch and make a pull request
against OpenSpending where we can discuss it?

Off the top of my head I'm wondering whether we shouldn't use
SQLAlchemy's built-in FK support [1], since that is guaranteed to work
across different backends?

Also I'd be interested if this has any implications on how we can drop
a dataset or if that resolution is handled automatically by
SQLAlchemy.

Cheers,

- Friedrich

[1] http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/schema.html#sqlalchemy.schema.ForeignKey