[openspending-dev] Question related Support

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Thu May 3 09:51:43 UTC 2012

Hi Erdenebayar!

great to hear from you, and I'm excited to hear that you will be using OpenSpending. There is, however, no built-in facility to do pagination on the bubble tree, but I'm not sure there should be: the point of the bubble tree is to show the proportions of all of the items in a budget (or some other financial document). Spreading that across several pages may make such a comparison harder.

What I would propose instead is to group the bubbles into pseudo-categories. I'm currently doing this in Brazil, where one budget has 38 top-level categories. So we've decided to apply the UN's COFOG codes to make an artificial, high-level breakdown. This reduces it to 9 top-level bubbles and makes the graphic much easier to read.

What do you think?

- Friedrich