[openspending-dev] #500 and #501

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Mon Nov 26 09:12:07 UTC 2012

Hey Vitor,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Vitor Baptista <vitor at vitorbaptista.com>wrote:

> I read the other widget's code. My main doubt is about Bob. As far I could
> understand, it's responsible for building the queries for OS' API, is that
> right? Apart from that, is there anything else I should know before
> starting?

Yeah, so the idea behind bob is that it will be given a query specification
and then generate an maintain a UI to ask the user for a query that
conforms to this specification. This also means that you can add new UI
elements, such as checkboxes etc. to it. The new thing for the time series
and bar chart widgets will be that they'll have to support setting time
axes as drilldowns, while still offering the option to slice over time and
drill down by something else (maybe not for line graphs).

Cheers,

 - Friedrich

--
Friedrich Lindenberg | OpenSpending & OKFN Labs | @pudo