[openspending-dev] Spending Standard Straw Man

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org
Mon Oct 1 15:05:38 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've finally drawn up a straw man spec for the spending data standard
(for transactions, not budgets). It's basically and adaptation of the
structure and principles of GTFS, Google's transit feed spec to
government transactions. This should make it far easier to generate
and consume than things like IATI or XBRL, but it also limits the
expressivity of the content a bit.

http://openspending.org/resources/standard/technical.html

Please let me know what you think about this and if you can imagine
anyone we could work with as early adopters!

Cheers,

 - Friedrich