[openspending-dev] api key

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Mon Aug 19 17:02:57 UTC 2013

On mán 19.ágú 2013 16:28, fukami wrote:
> Implementing homebrew public key crypto is actually rather difficult, and most developers don't even get symmetric key crypto right which is far less complex. I see this almost every day, even from experienced developers who should know better. Why not just use OAuth straight away? Not that I'm a very big fan of it, but it's better than building something from scratch and it's widely used.

Hey fukami,

I agree that crypto is hard to do right but just out of curiosity why
don't you like OAuth? Is there anything else you'd recommend instead?

Maybe you could help us out doing this correctly from the get-go? I
think we'd all appreciate your help (since you seem to have some
experience/knowledge of the area). Would you be up for that?

--

Tryggvi Björgvinsson

Technical Lead, OpenSpending

The Open Knowledge Foundation <http://okfn.org>