[openspending-dev] Dev meeting: September 5, 2013

Tryggvi Björgvinsson tryggvi.bjorgvinsson at okfn.org
Tue Sep 3 17:09:00 UTC 2013

Hi all!

Like I promised in a different thread, here's the announcement for the
developer meeting next Thursday (which is the first Thursday of the month)

Just like in the past the meeting will take place on our IRC channel
#openspending on Freenode at 14 UTC (time examples below). Feel free to
propose another time if this time doesn't suit you and we can change
that for the October meeting.

# Meeting agenda

1. Bugs/Issues
    * We've passed 100 bugs/issues reported
        * Good since that means we can improve things and people want
improvements
        * Bad since that means we need some coding help (can we handle it?)
    * We should try to do something about it, but what?
2. (Static) content delivery
    * We are now moving content from our github repo (dotorg) to
blog.openspending.org
    * This will become community.openspending.org
    * How should we serve this content on openspending.org or on a
different domain?
        * Former is like we're doing on the front page now which is
served from:
           http://blog.openspending.org/openspending-first-steps/
           This approach is slightly more difficult
        * Latter would mean we redirect users to a subdomain, should we
make the front page
           static then (links would then become static as well which
might cause problems)

A lot to think about. See you on IRC on Thursday!

# Meeting time in different time zones

* 3PM in London (UTC+1)
* 4PM in Berlin (UTC+2)
* 10AM in New York (UTC-4)