[wsfii-discuss] REVIEW - Wireless Training in Winneba

apiap India list at apiap.org
Wed Aug 22 16:13:17 UTC 2007

On 8/22/07, Ramnarayan. K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:

>  A correction - the dharamsala workshop -was in two sections - the first 4
> days where there were 2-300 people and many presentations , the second
> section was followed with a more intense and hands on workshop for another
> 10 odd days - initially with two streams - the finance and management of
> Community Setups and the technical side - later they merged into one. There
> were 40-60 people who attended the second section - with lots of hands on
> and practical / useful learnings.

Ram,
    You have correctly pointed out how the 10 day "hands on" workshop's
various stream were compelled to be merged into one.
 To clarify further, I equally take the responsibility for this squeez
out.   Community wireless networks was just too new for us, I had exchanged
many mails with some of the organisers  to share with us the economics of
the deployment . But with little real life insights on community networks
scalability & sustainability, I refrained from being part of this mock
excercise.  but thanks to Laura & others who contributed their skill in the
workshop.

As a non techie, my participation in the list does convey my commitment to
the CWN & stay eager to see it a success . Almost 2 years have passed & now
we do find many people have realised the robustness of CWN but unfortunately
all those wonderful techies willing to volunteer have just withdrawn.

Best wishes

Ashish