[wsfii-discuss] E-Learning Africa 2008

Marco Pompe marco.pompe at web.de
Mon Aug 27 13:09:15 UTC 2007

hello all

some interesting thing is going on in Accra, Ghana, in May 2008.

http://www.elearning-africa.com/

>E-Learning Africa (ELA) 2007 in Nairobi
>With 1406 participants from 88 countries, eLearning Africa 2007 experienced a seventy percent attendance increase compared to the first edition, which was held in Addis Ababa last year. The 308 Speakers and Chairpersons from 55 countries, who made presentations in 69 sessions and 17 pre-conference events, easily surpassed the number of stakeholders and key players in the field of ICT for development, training and education at last year’s conference launch.

I have been attending to the a preparatory meeting here in Accra a few weeks ago. I am still in contact with the local hosting team within the ministry of education. My suggestion is to try to attach WSFII Africa 2008 to this conference to improve the quality and impact of our meetings ... that would mean we could try to have the Wireless Roadshow within the the pre-conference workshops and then to have a 2 days WSFII Africa after the ELA (the ELA is from Wednesday to Friday), for instrance hosted by the "kofi-annan-center for... ICT". The Wireless Roadshow could also have a showcase network for the conference center and beyond as a result, including a number of local services (chat, voip, filesharing, Linux-sources-mirror, book-library whatever). That would definitely be a good promotion ... (if it works fine ;) )
 I guess the most of the potential participants of WSFII Africa would like to join the ELA and that means, the chance to bring them together is growing ...

comments and suggestions?

greetings from Accra, Marco

ps: I would also like to support a coordination of the Open Source Community to ensure an adequate representation at the ELA. comments and suggestions on that are also most welcome?