[Ckan-users] Meaning of "No object (name: translator) has been registered for this thread" ?

Jenny Brown jenny.brown at climate.com
Mon Jun 12 15:27:48 UTC 2017

I am writing an extension that adds vocabulary if it's not already present,
based on the tutorial code examples.

When a NotFound exception is thrown (to indicate that the vocabulary
doesn't yet exist to be looked up), there seems to be another exception
wrapped around it that is complaining of no translator object on the
thread.  A google search indicates this message is from pylons, which I'm
not familiar with.

I'm wondering what I need to do to prevent that message, as right now my
exception handling has to look for that rather than look for the NotFound,
and that seems non-ideal.