[kforge-dev] activity on kforge hotting up

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sun Apr 3 20:57:10 UTC 2005

There has been a significant amount of information added the wiki
including a basic RoadMap and a requirements document. Kforge will soon
be completely stable and we will start focusing on adding new services
(wiki, db etc) as well as refactoring the existing codebase.

Starting from mid-april we will have two new contributors to the kforge
project:
   1. John Bywater will be working pretty regularly on the project,
collaborating closely with me on the kforge core
   2. Jo Walsh hopes to be able to do a day a week. Currently the plan
is for Jo to work on developing CKAN (comprehensive knowledge archive
network) which you can think of as a cross of freshmeat with cpan
(initially hosting of actual data may be minimal). BTW suggestions for
alternative names are welcome (please check domain is available ;)).

Regards,

Rufus