[kforge-dev] Hi all. Where to start?

Miles Wu miles.wu at wu-home.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 17:15:25 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm Miles Wu and I wish to help the developement of kforge. I have had
some experience with python, but  I am sure I can pick it up as I go
along. At the moment I have managed to get kforge installed on my
machine (gentoo linux), but unfortunately I don't really know how any
of kforge works!

>From what I have heard from Rufus, the plugins are based on event
notification (so they are told about events, and act upon them) and
kforge is very modular. However, I do not know how the frontend
relates to the backend (django -> kforge), and how the DB/DOM works (I
hope it is as easy as ActiveRecord).

I have already spoken to Rufus, and we both agree that the best way
for me to become acquainted with the code would be for me to try and
implement a plugin of some sort. At the moment he is suggesting some
sort of statistics plugin (which is notified of the events it should
be tracking and would store this in the DB).

If any of you have any suggestions of other things please do reply.
Also any tips or any information useful to me in implenting the plugin
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Miles