[kforge-dev] [Fwd: Re: [odf-discuss] Move to SourceForge?]

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftwarefoundation.org
Tue Oct 18 19:38:42 UTC 2005

Rufus Pollock wrote:

> Interest from open document fellowship in using kforge. Currently we
> support most of their requirements. However kforge is not yet 'stable'
> so I am in two minds as to what to respond. While on the one hand it
> would be great to have them using the service on the other I would not
> want to be responsible for delivering a reliable service on a beta
> system.

You could warn them its early days, but they are welcome to be a sort of
early adopter. As we're going to have data migration sorted out soon, as
long as we take care of the basics of application service provision (we
could have a chat about this), and as there aren't any outstanding bugs
on KForge (at least that I'm aware of), if they just want a mailing
list, svn (they say cvs?), and to use free software, then it could be ok.

But what are they going to use it for? All their work?

John.