[kforge-dev] login cookie expiration

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jun 26 11:00:31 UTC 2006

John Bywater wrote:
> Dear Rufus,
>
> I think the cookie expires with the client session, so as long as you
> keep your browser open.
>
> It seems fairly standard to provide a "remember me" check box on the
> login page, which makes the cookie persist between browser invocations.

That's certainly one option. Here are a couple of others:

a) just default it to some length and if people want to get rid of their
session they  can logout

b) have 'remember me' as an option on the user page and default it to
some agreed value (just as we default at present).

My initial preference would be for (a) just because this is the simplest
(it does not involve any UI changes).

> Shall we create a ticket on the kforge project?

Yes let's create a ticket and we can put the discussion in there.

Regards,

Rufus