[od-discuss] German Data license 2.0

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Jul 7 21:55:56 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Daniel Dietrich <daniel.dietrich at okfn.org>
wrote:

> On 07.07.2014, at 19:44, Andrew Stott <andrew.stott at dirdigeng.com> wrote:
> > Are these the complete texts?!
>
> Yes, theses are the complete texts (very minimalistic indeed)

I enjoy the brevity, and dropping NC/adding 0 a great thing.

a) Does the brevity cause any required permissions to not be granted? I
hope the answer is "no" but seems worth a closer look.

I looked back at our feedback
https://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/od-discuss/2013-March/000383.html and it
is good that they dropped " or the source note must be deleted if the
entity keeping the data requires so".

b) I'm not exactly sure what "source note" means, but that may be a
translation issue. What does it mean?

Barring "source note" meaning something bizarre, it would seem to be open,
similar to requirements in other licenses and now explicitly accounted for
(under Integrity) in
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/source/open-definition-dev.markdown

c) It'd be good to get brief answers to the questions posed in
https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/source/open-definition-approval-process.markdown#submitting-the-license