[od-discuss] German Data License 2.0 decision time

Herb Lainchbury herb at dynamic-solutions.com
Tue Sep 2 20:49:09 UTC 2014

Thanks again for your help with this Daniel.

Since v2.0 of the definition has been officially approved we can now use it
as the basis for assessing the conformance of licenses moving forward.

I believe all conformance related concerns about the two new German
licenses have been addressed.

I now request that advisory council members indicate whether they agree
that the licenses conform to section 2 of the open definition (v2.0) found
here:

https://github.com/okfn/opendefinition/blob/master/source/open-definition-2.0/open-definition-2.0.en.markdown#2-open-licenses

Please use +1 for agree and -1 for disagree.

These are two separate licenses so please vote for each license
individually by name, for example like this:

*1 for Data License Germany Zero 2.0

*1 for Data License Germany Attribution 2.0

where * is replaced with a + or a -

You can find the text for the licenses here:

Data License Germany Zero 2.0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RqQqkCt7t9yO5YMrRsXEMnoS5cCDzUtbDf-tN0Upq1A/edit#

Data License Germany Attribution 2.0
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8aKuEoyPw_T_LZNBTH1O_ZSJCta9N1YgWSiX5zXzw4/edit#

We will continue counting votes for two weeks from now or until consensus
is reached, which ever is first.

Herb