[od-discuss] OD conformant proposal: Open Government Licence v3.0

Ellis, Jo Jo.Ellis at nationalarchives.gsi.gov.uk
Wed Sep 24 13:40:34 UTC 2014

We (The National Archives) are close to finalising what will become the Open Government Licence v3.0.

As ever, our aim has been to strike a balance between producing a licence which delivers open access in a clear, transparent way and which also protects Crown and other public sector interests.

The main change is that we have amended the wording around the requirement to publish an attribution statement to make it clear that re-users must include any statements specified by information providers at all times, even when they are using information from a number of different sources.  Other changes are mostly cosmetic and for clarification purposes.

All of the changes we have made can be seen at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C3jPK5U61GU6hMmrEQHJ-TuC8MVPn8ngodlexlQsuRk/edit?usp=sharing.

We believe that OGLv3.0 continues to be fully compliant with the Open Definition principles and look forward to receiving your feedback.

If you have any questions regarding any of the changes please let me know.

Regards

Jo

Jo Ellis

Information Policy Manager
The National Archives
nationalarchives.gov.uk<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/>

National Archives Disclaimer

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient and
have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the email.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do
not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor
endorsed by it.