[ok-scotland] Fwd: collective intelligence at DEST in Korea

Paola Di Maio paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:05:00 UTC 2010

Greets!

(Apologies for x posting, and feel free to recirculate! Thanks-)

I am seeking a collaboration to pull together a special track next year

I have been chairing the Collective Intelligence track at DEST in 2009 and
2010
The proceedings are published in IEEE XPLORE dbase

for 2009
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/mostRecentIssue.jsp?punumber=5238702
(This year's proceedings will be online shortly)

Next year the conference is in Korea,  (search DEST 2011 to find some
details)

 A local colleague, a co-director of ISTCS.org (the first Scottish Research
Institute devoted to socio-technical systems)  that can chair the track Dr
Han Woo Park
 (that would not require anyone to travel unless they want to)

However Han has limited time to help organise the track

So far I have been struggling to get enough 'good' submissions, ideally we
would need at least  10 high quality papers, but between myself and my
colleagues
we barely manage to put together 4. This is not enough to justify a track.

But its a good opportunity to publish papers.

I would be interested to find people to work collaboratively this year to
make sure we have enough good peer reviewed articles on the subject.

The papers do not have to be academic, they can be industry or practice
based. but
they need to be serious stuff of adequate standard

Please get in touch if you'd like to discuss

best regards

Paola Di Maio
ISTCS.org