[ok-scotland] Greetings

James Baster james at jarofgreen.co.uk
Sat Jul 26 16:21:13 UTC 2014

Hello Dave (very late - sorry, have lots on!),

Pleased to hear that the council is looking at this.

I don't know if you are in touch with people at Edinburgh council but they
are very keen and recently passed an open data policy - I think that's for
the correct name for it anyway! They also will be running Edinburgh Apps in
September.   http://edinburghapps.net Anyway you might find it useful to
chat to them and swap experiences. And of course there are the people from
http://open.glasgow.gov.uk/ who it would be good to chat to. Edinburgh,
East Lothian, Clackmannanshire and Aberdeen also recently started a NESTA
programme in this area.
http://www.nesta.org.uk/webapp-developer-technologist-residence Sorry if
this is old hat ....

Also (cheekily) I do calendar software that handles events with heavy Open
Data principles - if you are interested in such data sets send me a email!
:-P

Talk soon,

James