[OpenGLAM] The Vidi Competition (tools that integrate open web data for educational purposes) & introductory webinar

Marieke Guy marieke.guy at okfn.org
Mon Dec 2 09:50:33 UTC 2013

*Apologies for cross posting*

Dear All,

At the start of November the LinkedUp Project launched the second in our
LinkedUp Challenge - the Vidi Competition
<http://linkedup-project.eu/2013/11/05/launching-the-vidi-competition/>.

For the Vidi Competition we are inviting you to design and build
innovative and robust prototypes and demos for tools that analyse and/or
integrate open web data for educational purposes. The competition will
run from *4th November 2013* till *14th February 2014*. Prizes (up to
EUR3,000 for first) will be awarded at the European Semantic Web
Conference in Crete, Greece in May 2014. You can find out full details
on the LinkedUp Challenge Websit <http://linkedup-challenge.org>e.

For this Competition we have one open track and two focused tracks that
may guide teams or provide inspiration.

We've recently published blog posts on the tracks:

  * Pathfinder