[OpenGLAM] [Sign Up] Unseen Illustrations - British Library Labs Data Day

Sam Leon sam.leon at okfn.org
Mon Dec 2 14:49:59 UTC 2013

You are warmly invited to take part in an event jointly organised by the
British Library Labs and the Open Knowledge Foundation aimed at exploring
the use of open source technologies for working with freely available
collections of digital images held by the British Library and elsewhere.

We have identified an exciting range of illustrations, photographs, and
other evocative images. They provide a rich record of creativity, endeavour
and beauty, a record of history that encompasses many cultures and
countries. While much of the British Library’s collections have been
extensively researched, there are still many thousands of photographs and
illustrations that it holds that are comparatively unseen.

With your help we want to change this! Join us on the day to hack and
explore the vast open image collections held by the British Library.

*When*: 12 December, 2013, 1400 – 2000
*Where*: Foyle Suite, Centre of Conservation, British Library
*Who*: Digital arts and humanities researchers, computer scientists,
statisticians, artists, hackers, and historians
*Sign-up: *http://bit.ly/1dLfC4e (it's free!)
*More info: *http://bit.ly/1bhoo8c

--

*Sam LeonProject Manager  | skype: samedleon  |  @Noel_Mas