[OpenGLAM] Introduction of new OpenGLAM Community Manager

Lieke Ploeger lieke.ploeger at okfn.org
Tue Dec 3 15:23:06 UTC 2013

Dear all,

My name is Lieke Ploeger and from December onwards I'm working at the Open
Knowledge Foundation as the new Community Manager for the OpenGLAM
initiative. I'm very excited to help boost free and open access to online
cultural heritage material through this network, and look forward to
collaborating with you!

Before joining OKF, I've worked at the National Library of the Netherlands
as a project leader in the Research department. Since 2008 I was involved
in large-scale European research projects in the areas of digitisation and
digital preservation, such as IMPACT, Europeana Newspapers and SCAPE.
Especially through IMPACT, a project focused on improving access to
historical text material, I've experienced the value that large sets of
digital data can bring researchers in areas such as language technology,
document analysis and digital humanities.

In this new position, I look forward to using my existing experience in
community building, external communication and digital cultural heritage to
extend the OpenGLAM network of cultural heritage professionals. Concretely,
this means that I will be co-editing the OpenGLAM blog, managing the
OpenGLAM social media channels, organising future workshops and events and
identifying and managing new partnerships and collaboration opportunities.
All this of course to support the great work you are all doing to build a
cultural commons!

Feel free to contact me in case you have any questions or want to know more
about possible collaboration.

Best regards,

Lieke Ploeger.

--

Lieke Ploeger

Community Manager  | skype: laploeger  |
@liekeploeger<https://twitter.com/liekeploeger>

Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/  |  @okfn <http://twitter.com/OKFN>  |  OKF on