[OpenGLAM] Open Gallery by Google

Joris Pekel jpekel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 13:23:44 UTC 2013

Yeah it is a question that is on my mind as well. Last week there was in
interview in the Guardian with Amid Sood, head of the Google cultural
institute. A very hyping article and they addressed the rights in a
paragraph saying:

"The final thing was the rights. Essentially, who owns the rights? We
worked really hard with our legal teams and the museums so that we could
say to them: you will always own the rights and you have the right to take
down content at any time. Once you cross those perceptual, legal barriers,
that's when it gets interesting; that's when the excitement begins."

http://www.theguardian.com/culture-professionals-network/culture-professionals-blog/2013/dec/03/amit-sood-google-cultural-institute-art-project

Would be good to have a more in depth chat with him about this :) Anybody
happens to have his contact details?

Cheers,

Joris