[open-literature] Questions and info about 38:38 Shakespeare project

38 at shicho.net 38 at shicho.net
Mon Feb 22 23:08:41 UTC 2010

Hi there,

Apologies in advance if this isn't of interest.  I'm very new to this
mailing list so I don't know what the conventions are.

First of all, I'd like to introduce myself.  I graduated from
Cambridge University in 2005 with a BS/MSci in Natural Science
(Physics).  Before that, I obtained a BA/BFA in English
literature/Creative Writing from the University of Evansville in the
US.  I'm currently living in Cambridge, not so far from my college
(Wolfson).

I came across the Open Shakespeare webpage in the process of preparing
for a slightly insane reading project.  Starting on the 1st of March,
I intend to read Shakespeare's 38 plays in 38 days, plus a bonus day
for Edward III.  (I've posted a reading schedule along with various
details on the project website - www.shicho.net/38 - so far, just over
a dozen people have signed up to attempt the challenge.)

Please feel welcome to join us.  If you have any suggestions as to
where we might post or advertise to reach interested participants,
we'd be eternally grateful!

I hope you don't mind, but I've added a link to the Open Shakespeare
project on my side panel.  I'd like to write a blog post about Open
Shakespeare, if you don't mind.  (Of course, if you're not happy with
the publicity or the quality of the site, I'll remove all references
forthwith.)

I expect I'll be pretty busy until mid-April, but if I can be of any
help to the Open Shakespeare project, I would be delighted to assist.
If you are, in fact, based in Cambridge, I'd be happy to help flier
ADC audiences after the Merchant of Venice performances this week, and
so forth.

Finally, I was wondering where things were in terms of
annotation/commentary suppot was.  After a quick view of the website
and guide, I couldn't find a lot of information - perhaps I was
looking in the wrong place?  (Apologies if it's obvious and I've
missed it - I'm still just getting my bearing here.)

Many thanks and all the best,

Ingrid Jendrzejewski
www.shicho.net/38