[open-literature] www.openliterature.org

James Harriman-Smith openliterature at okfn.org
Wed Jul 6 17:01:02 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

@ Rufus: I think merging openshakespeare's blog into the openliterature one
will be a good idea: currently it is a little hidden away on
openshakespeare.org/news. We can always just add category:shakespeare to
such posts, and, since it is quite an active blog (nearly 100 followers on
twitter now!) would probably pull people to the other Open Lit sites.

RE: logo, I've been in touch with Aditya Hari, who is working on logos for
OKF projects, and will help us design the openliterature one. He poses the
following questions, do leave your thoughts (mine, for the curious, are
below):

1) what does the group aim to achieve?
2) what are the means (how do you achieve)?
3) How do you want the group to be perceived?

Have a good evening,

James

------------My responses ---------------------------------------------------
1) what does the group aim to achieve?
- To coordinate OKF's literary activities, to be a hub, gathering news and
information about each project associated with it.
2) what are the means (how do you achieve)?
- Blog drawing articles from openshakespeare.org/news, as well as updates on
Milton and Open Correspondence (maybe Public Domain Review as well - I've
written to them but not heard back)
- Twitter feed
- Surfacing recent content in each site, especially recent annotations (as
currently performed on the front page of Open Shakespeare)
3) How do you want the group to be perceived?
- A launchpad for exploring the universe of open literary data (apologies
for the purple prose)