[open-science] OFA Article on "Bottom-up creation of Open Scientific Knowledge"

Peter Murray-Rust pm286 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 13:20:42 UTC 2013

I (and a number of OKFers) am a fellow of the Open Forum Academy, a group
centered on open Standards and practice primarily in IT but also related
fields. One of their outputs is an Open book with contributed chapters. In
the first book Jenny Molloy , Diane Cabell and I wrote a chapter on Open
Content Mining see:
http://openforumacademy.org/library/ofa-fellows-reference-library

I have now volunteered another chapter on "Bottom-up creation of Open
Scientific Knowledge" and they are happy to publish this. Is anyone
interested in being a co-author? We would have an OKF affiliation as well
as our day jobs.

I proposed this on the basis that we have the means to create our own
knowledge (whether directly of indirectly). This could include things like:
* citizen science
* aggregation and indexing of current open scientific knowledge

I want to get across the idea that we now do not have to have science
sanctioned from the top down. Suggest you mail this list with ideas and
we'll find a skype time.